The main purposes of PLM are
- To further philosophy of mind and language in Europe generally.
- To provide a platform for cooperation between members in research and in research training and to enhance joint applications to funding activities and organisations.
- PLM organizes a major mind and language conference every two years, with invited and contributed talks.
- PLM organizes an internal workshop every two years.
- PLM organizes PhD master classes.
- Selected papers of the PLM conferences are published in a renowned international journal.