The next event is on Thursday, March 21st:
Speaker: Fausto Barbero (University of Helsinki)
Date and Time: Thursday, March 21st 2019, 16:30-18:00
Venue: ILLC Seminar Room F1.15, Science Park 107.
Title: Interventionist Counterfactuals in Team Semantics.
Abstract. Team semantics is a generalization of Tarskian semantics which allows the introduction of a greater variety of logical operators – most notably, atoms which express dependencies among variables. This extra degree of freedom is obtained by replacing the notion of satisfaction by an assignment with satisfaction by a set of assignments (“team”).
Passing from teams to multiteams (multisets of assignments), we will see a way of introducing probabilities in the framework. It will emerge that some distinctions made in causal modelling, e.g. between “do expressions” and “counterfactual expressions”, can be explained in terms of commutation of simpler logical operators. .
More upcoming events:
- Thursday, March 28th, 16:30 - LIRa Session: Peter Hawke
- Thursday, April 4th, 16:30 - LIRa Session: Malvin Gattinger
- Thursday, April 11th, 16:30 - LIRa Session: Kaibo Xie
- Wednesday, April 17th, 16:30 - LIRa Session: Valentin Goranko
- Thursday, April 25th, 16:30 - LIRa Session: Kees van Deemter
- Thursday, May 2nd, 16:30 - LIRa Session: Ana Lucia Vargas Sandoval
- Thursday, May 9th, 16:30 - LIRa Session: Fan Yang
- Thursday, May 16th, 16:30 - LIRa Session: Thomas Schindler
- Thursday, May 23rd, 16:30 - LIRa Session: Bart Verheij
- Wednesday, June 5th, 00:00 - IACAP 2019
- Wednesday, October 9th, 15:00 - 2nd DaLí - Dynamic Logic: New Trends and Applications