Dates: Friday 22 and Saturday 23 April 2022
Venue: Online (information will be provided to registered participants)
Logicians participating in this conference stand united for Peace. The on-going Russian military invasion in Ukraine is causing death, destruction and it is the direct cause of a gigantic humanitarian crisis. Educational facilities have been hit, supply chains have been broken and people have lost their families and homes. By organizing this conference, we offer our moral and financial support to our colleagues in Ukraine in this time of war.
This event is used to collect financial aid for two specific causes:
- We financially help our colleagues at universities in Ukraine, who are either displaced or have lost their homes, and thus are in urgent financial need.
- We support the charitable fund ‘Voices of children’ which provides humanitarian aid and assists in Ukraine with the on-going evacuation processes.
As the world urgently needs more logic and rationality, Logic4Peace creates a platform for logicians from around the world to present their work in any area of logic, including:
- philosophical logic, philosophy of logic and history of logic,
- mathematical and computational logic,
- applied logic and logical structures used in science and the humanities.
The registration page and the donation page for this conference are open (*). The registration fees and donations will be entirely used to offer financial aid to Ukraine to help our colleagues and the Voices of Children.
On behalf of the Co-Organizing Associations and Institutions:
* ILLC, Institute for Logic, Language and Computation
* AILA, Associazione Italiana di Logica e Applicazioni
* VVL, Dutch Association for Logic and Philosophy of the Exact Sciences
* SLS, Scandinavian Logic Society
* PTLiFN, Polish Association for Logic and Philosophy of Science
* Georgian Logic Group
* CNRL-NCNL, The Belgian National Centre for Research in Logic
* SSLPS, the Swiss Society of Logic and Philosophy of Science
* FoLLI, The Association for Logic, Language and Information
* LogICS, The Logic Group at the Institute of Computer Science of the Czech Academy of Sciences.
* IRIT, Institut de Recherche en Informatique de Toulouse
* MCMP, Munich Center for Mathematical Philosophy
* Theory, Modelling and Computation theme of the Scottish Informatics & CS Alliance
* DVMLG, Deutsche Vereinigung für Mathematische Logik und für Grundlagenforschung der exakten Wissenschaften
* GAP, German Society for Analytic Philosophy
* Institut d’histoire et de philosophie des sciences et des techniques (IHPST), Université Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne, CNRS
* BLC, British Logic Colloquium
* Co-Organizing Team in Ukraine: Prof. Iryna Khomenko, Logic Department at Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, and Prof. Yaroslav Shramko, Kryvyi Rih State Pedagogical University.
(*) Due to the current sanctions against Russian institutions and their implementation for Dutch knowledge institutions, we cannot accept participation by researchers who list a Russian or Belarusian institution as their affiliation. But we welcome participation by researchers of every nationality, provided they register to the conference either as individual researchers (i.e. by listing “Individual researcher” as their affiliation), or listing another affiliation to an institution that is not located in the above-mentioned countries.